SHR # 984 - CASUAL FRIDAY

Co-host: The Lovely And Talented Alisa Profumo

Bloomburg A Hypocrite - FDA and Monsanto Conspired To Bio-Terrorism - The Apple That Will Not Keep The Doctor Away - Some Scientist Think Exercise May Slow Aging.. Duh - The Cure For Asperger Syndrome Found.. It Was The Delete Key - Should Calling Someone Fat Be A Hate Crime - $600 MGN Drawing Winner Announced.. Is It You - Listener Comments

Comments

+2 # cogrick2 2012-06-12 18:00
George, I'm black, homie.
0 # Carl Lanore 2012-06-12 13:39
Quoting George Jones:

Ok.. your real name is George Jones?? Really... I 'm calling bulls#!t.. and I didn't contact a single person to come and chime in here. So you can believe what you want. I think you struck a cord with your douche-bag comments.. (twice the same post.. really are you that OCD??) because I even got an email from a long time listener who chose not to post here his sentiment.. look.. lets stop all this crap.. you're a shill.. not who you pretend to be GEORGE.. I don't need people to come to my aid to deal with the likes of you.. Guidos?? That's a racial epithet to an Italian.. you need to find another show to haunt GEORGE. Dan you must really have an F'ing boring ass life if this is what you do to fill the time. Want to see shame...look in the mirror..
0 # George Jones 2012-06-08 21:15
Carl - seriously?? Your shows receive an average comment of zero, with sometimes one or two being the extreme. Then all of a sudden you receive seven additional comments on this one responding to my comment. C'mon now. You contacted all of you guidos to come out of the woodwork to support you? No shame.
0 # George Jones 2012-06-08 21:14
Carl - seriously?? Your shows receive an average comment of zero, with sometimes one or two being the extreme. Then all of a sudden you receive seven additional comments on this one responding to my comment. C'mon now. You contacted all of you guidos to come out of the woodwork to support you? No shame for the new yorker.
-1 # Carl Lanore 2012-06-05 13:14
Quoting Kathryne Simpson:
I like the fact that Carl is open with his feelings about Alisa. Its nice to see a man who isn't stuck in cave-man mode. Don't stop Carl. And I love what Alisa brings to the show.

I appreciate the support Kathryne. Its not premeditated. It comes from the heart when it comes to Alisa. Thanks for listening.
-1 # Carl Lanore 2012-06-05 13:13
Quoting Robert Drago:
Yeah I have to agree with Vinnietrt... being Italian has a lot to do with it. :lol: . plus Carl is pretty open about everything he does.. I think it refreshing.. its hard to find open honesty today in the media. Plus have you seen Alisa? I'd be gushing too if she was my lady. No offense Carl.

Thanks Robert. I feel pretty lucky. No offense taken.
-1 # Robert Drago 2012-06-05 13:12
0 # Kathryne Simpson 2012-06-05 11:40
0 # Carl Lanore 2012-06-05 10:35
George I respect your decision to turn off CF.. and not trying to sound like a douche.. but you may want to eliminate it from your show selection as I can not say that I will not pay the occasional compliment to Alisa from time to time. I listened to the CF in question and can't find anything that could be considered overly expressive that I said. I'm sorry if you find it offensive or inappropriate but its the way I feel and I voice the way I feel about everything on the show and won't attempt to edit or censor my natural flow of thought.. If I attempt to censor or edit my statements it will kill the natural flow of things. And I wouldn't be me. Monday through Thursday should still be safe for you to listen to if you still want to. BTW I pay many of my guest compliments and praise. - Carl
-1 # cogrick2 2012-06-04 17:36
George, I respect your opinion but I disagree. What concerned me in the early days was that he was more expressive than her. Now that their relationship has persisted I trust that the relationship is strong so if he wants to be emotionally expressive on Friday, hell, he's earned it. After a week of excellent shows, and all that he and Alisa put into the shows and their relationship, I enjoy hearing them have fun on Casual Friday.

I also think Alisa makes more positive remarks about Carl than she did previously. And we don't want them to kill their banter even if it includes light-hearted jokes about Carl. The jokes are counter-balance d by Alisa deferring to his knowledge often times. And lest I forget, I appreciate her dampening his rants sometimes. I feel that overall, she has helped make his on-air personality more optimistic while continuing to develop a stronger on-air personality for herself.

In short, their on-air dynamic works for me.
+1 # Vinnietrt 2012-06-04 12:49
Eh, doesn't bother me a bit! You gotta understand that's how us Italians are! We're passionate people! Great show as always Carl and Alisa!
+3 # George jones 2012-06-03 17:06
I had to stop listening to the friday episodes. Nothing against Alisa. But i cringe when Carl constantly gushes over his woman on the air. This is every week. And more than once per episode. There is a time and place for everything. I got tired of it