SHR # 1063 :: CASUAL FRIDAY ::

Co-Host: The Lovely And Talented Alisa Profumo

More On Grumpy Old Men - Monsanto For Agent Orange - Was Jennifer Livingston The Real Bully - The CDC Says Everyone Gets A Vaccine - Should You Fear A Cow Named Daisy - Hemp For DNA Repair - Beware Of Blue Honey - FDA To Decide If Arsenic Flavored Rice Is Good For You - Eat Less For Lunch... The New School Meal Plan - DSM-5 Says Biting Your Nails May Be Mental Illness - Chinese Restaurant Serves Road Kill - Meijer Super Store Gives Away Free Lipitor - List Of Companies That Don't Want GMO Labeling - Whole Foods Hides The Whole Story On GMO - Bloom-ing-idiot-berg Is At It Again - Plus More And Listener Emails

Comments

0 # Carl Lanore 2012-10-16 14:07
Quoting cogrick2:
Quoting Carl Lanore:
Quoting cogrick2:
Carl, can you please point me to a discussion of orgasm scarring the prostate, mentioned during this great episode?

fast read... but covers a lot of ground..

Thank you for that interesting article, but I do not see any comments about orgasm scarring the prostate. It just said that ejaculating at least four times per week can reduce prostate cancer risk by 30%.

this discusses a rise in PSA post orgasm.. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7533583 .. still looking for the study that speaks to scaring..
0 # cogrick2 2012-10-14 06:43
Quoting Carl Lanore:
Quoting cogrick2:

fast read... but covers a lot of ground..

+1 # Carl Lanore 2012-10-09 10:57
Quoting cogrick2:

fast read... but covers a lot of ground..

+2 # KZ 2012-10-08 19:12
Carl, have you read the Mother Jones article on arsenic in the US? This is crazy.

+1 # cogrick2 2012-10-08 04:37
One more comment: Please vote for superhumanradio .com in the 2012 Podcast Awards at http://www.podcastawards.com/.
+1 # cogrick2 2012-10-07 15:32
+1 # cogrick2 2012-10-06 18:36
Carl, I cannot remember if it was this show or another this week, but it seems like your vocabulary has increased and you are communicating more precisely. Are you doing something that might explain this change? I enjoy the mix of casual and technical in your broadcasting so no criticisms here, just curious.
+1 # Sharon Perry 2012-10-05 21:58
I am sorry but I think you misunderstood my comment after the radio show with Dr. Skinner. My point was that I wrote Dr. Skinner after I learned about the study. Dr. Skinner's response said that male exposure (of dioxin) will effect his health but not clear if can be passed to later generations. This is the issue. We can show you the children, grandchildren are sick and born with birth defects but we don't have the science to prove it was because of their father's exposure. What I understood Dr. Skinner to say what this study does not prove it either; not for the fathers. VA only recognizes spina bifida in the children of male Vietnam veterans.