# 701 - CASUAL FRIDAY - Casual Friday Gets A New Pet - You're Loco For Drinking 4 LOKO - Are You A Super-Fan - What's In That Restaurant Food? We May Never Know - Listener Emails

Co-Host: Alisa Profumo

Guest: PJ Braun

This is a hilarious episode! PJ Braun bares his soul about his 4 LOKO experience PLUS SHR hits a milestone over a quarter million downloads in MARCH!! PLUS Two "Super Fans" Win prizes PLUS We answer listener emails.

Comments

+1 # Aes 2011-04-08 10:43
I sent an email via Contact Us regarding this. McDs burgers dry out because they are so small and thin. If you make a homemade burger this size it too will dry out and not rot. If you put a McDs burger in a sealed container so moisture can't escape it will rot. As far as the bun goes, you're probably right. But I think grain is food for birds not humans anyway.

I barely read it but from what I saw the blog Michael quoted came to the conclusion that water is the key with their fries as well.
0 # Carl Lanore 2011-04-07 10:11
I will read this on-air on the next CF show.. it makes sense to some degree.. but how does McD get the moisture out of their burgers that seems to linger in burgers we make at home which mold up? On another note.. the bun is still pretty damn soft after being in direct air for a week now.. can that be attributed to lack of moisture? I think I already know how the buns stay soft.. HFCS.. but your view is appreciated...Quoting Aes:
The culprit with Burgie will not be chemicals, it will be water. The reason a McDs burger doesn't rot is because it's so small it dries out before mold can grow. No water means no mold, no matter how long you wait. Man has known about this process of preservation for centuries.

But it's easier for the internet meme crowd to cry "chemicals" in their anti fast food stance because that's what gets views and attention. The truth is boring, simple dehydration.....
0 # Carl Lanore 2011-04-07 10:07
Thanks for listening!

Quoting bratac:
It's my mums birthday tomorrow and I know she wants a pet ...... NOW I KNOW WHAT TO BUY HER :lol:

Thanks Carl & Alisa
+1 # Aes 2011-04-06 15:48

I hate fast food, but I love science. And the assumptions that bloggers are making about this topic is just wrong. Proper testing with isolated variables would show anyone who cares to do the testing right the truth.
+1 # bratac 2011-04-06 11:59

Thanks Carl & Alisa
+1 # doubleogordo 2011-04-03 20:18
another great casual friday show. 8)
0 # Michael7 2011-04-03 09:21
there's a blogger who did a similar experiment with McDonald's food. She compared homemade fries & hamburgers to McDonald's:

but it seems like she didn't take a close look at the meat in the hamburgers so if you're keeping a McBurger to see what happens to it in a month from now please take pictures of the meat.

Cron Job Starts