# 681 - New Research On Fasted Cardio PLUS Sleep Or Suffer

Guest: Layne Norton & Dr. Michael Smith

Is fasted cardio better at burning fat? Listen and learn PLUS  Just because you close your eyes for eight hours doesn't mean you're sleeping well. Dr. Smith gives five simple steps to sleeping better.

Comments

0 # Ryan 2011-04-24 21:43
Quoting cogrick2:
(1)
As I recall, Layne talked of a mutually reinforcing relationship between carbohydrate oxidation and fat oxidation, but this post on Prof. Dr. Andro's blog seems to contradict that notion.

The authors' evidence supports that l-carnitine-l-tartrate increases carbohydrate metabolism but had no effect on fat metabolism.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

(2)
Also, here is another one for Layne to dissect. Time is short and I do not know what to make of it. It seems to support fasted cardio for at least some people:

I'm gonna take what Layne says as correct over anyone else in regards to the topic.
0 # devil 2011-03-16 15:39
Quoting David Wilson:
Quoting devil:
man i've heard to many theories on this radio and i thought this guys know what they are talking about,but as time passes by they are heading destruction.
i think we don't need to complicate ourself the body will respond if you stimulate it and it's normal to adapt after a period of time thats why you need diversity to keep stimulate and nutrients to recover.

Devil,

I've heard that you're in the details, but I don't think it's true. I'd LIKE to argue with what you wrote, but your grammar is lacking to the point of rendering your point incomprehensible. Please consider retyping in English.

u are right about my grammar,but you have to consider that english is my second language,i'd like to see you write or talk in romanian...anyw ay i know you understood me and i'll be looking for you if you want to argue!
0 # cogrick2 2011-03-14 19:33
(1)

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2010/08/chronic-l-carnitine-l-t artrate.html

The authors' evidence supports that l-carnitine-l-t artrate increases carbohydrate metabolism but had no effect on fat metabolism.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

(2)
0 # David Wilson 2011-03-14 09:02
Quoting devil:

Devil,

I've heard that you're in the details, but I don't think it's true. I'd LIKE to argue with what you wrote, but your grammar is lacking to the point of rendering your point incomprehensibl e. Please consider retyping in English.
0 # Steve 2011-03-13 22:08
Any show with Layne is awesome. The only shows I listen to anymore are the ones with Layne and PJ. Speaking of which, when is PJ gonna be on again? Seems like it's been a while since you've had a true training show.
0 # dr_d 2011-03-12 09:48
Great sleep advice from Dr. Smith! He is my favorite regular guest on your show.
0 # devil 2011-03-10 13:00