# 627 - Mastering The Elimination Diet

• Published: Monday, 06 December 2010 18:12
  • Carl Lanore
  • Hits: 3008

Guest: Dr. Peter Rouse

Gain greater health and lose up to 20 pounds in two weeks.

Comments

0 # Dr. Peter Rouse 2010-12-16 12:42
Quoting basketesa:
Got one question for you Peter:
Is this more weightloss-type advice? Because I recall you saying that you took whey for the times that you bulked (or is that just because you can tolerate dairy?).

Also, if you would want to bulk, what types of fat would you consume? i.e. if raw butter, raw cream, eggs, raw milk, etc are things that many can't tolerate, where do you get more calories from? Do you base your meat from ground meat? Do you get tallow, and other animal fat? I sometimes get bone marrow from the farmers market, but it's in limited supply, and lard is processed, so...?

I hope I'm not asking too late!

Thanks,
Sebastien

Sorry for the delay... had some personal drama the past few days.

The diet is about health first - fat loss is a side effect and so can muscle gain and strength gains. I have had people drop bodyfat and get a ton stronger at the same time. When you get to my age you realize health is the most important and yes bodyfat has something to do with that but if we make you healthy then we see a reduction in bodyfat.

I needed to gain 50lb so this is the rare time that I do use whey and the whey I use is one of the best. Grass fed, unpasteurized, undamaged whey, basically the best I could find. The reason for this is I need to get protein up to the 500gram mark and with my timetable it was very had to do through traditional meals. I consume no other dairy - and no I can not tolerate dairy but do ok on the high quality whey.

For meat sources I eat everything that moves. I do consume a lot of ribeye. If I do have ground beef it's homemade from the ribeye. I also have alligator, snake, wild boar, goat.... the list goes on. I also currently eating 12-20 eggs - but I am not in the elimination phase - i have limited inflammation and no gut problems.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask more questions of contact me on facebook.
0 # Dr. Peter Rouse 2010-12-14 16:21
Quoting basketesa:
Got one question for you Peter:

I hope I'm not asking too late!

Thanks,
Sebastien

I'll come back to you tonight with detailed answer. Good questions.
0 # Dr. Peter Rouse 2010-12-14 16:20
More on the Elimination Phase Diet here on facebook

If you can't see - sign up on Carl's facebook. The link is also posted there.
0 # basketesa 2010-12-14 12:56
Got one question for you Peter:

I hope I'm not asking too late!

Thanks,
Sebastien
0 # Andrew 2010-12-10 12:32
Carl what was that product you recommend that also helped your stomache? Best, Andrew
+2 # Dr. Peter Rouse 2010-12-09 14:01
Quoting Diane @ Balanced Bit:
I love Dr. Rouse :)

I recently posted on the obsession people have with almonds, though Matt Lalonde informed me differently on the roasted nuts being oxidized since he says the oxygen can't penetrate the whole nut...? Otherwise, I'm with the Doc here, reduce that nut intake to just when you are REALLY stuck for a snack.

Additionally, I'm also in the "I only cook with saturated fat" camp. I cook with mostly coconut oil, butter, ghee or bacon fat (from farmers market bacon I get- which the Doc wouldn't eat I presume).

Loving these podcasts- fantastic info for this paleo/holistic nutritionist who geeks-out on hormonal stuff too. Very cool. I started listening after Robb Wolf was on and I'm glad I found it!

Denaturing of the fats have seen in raw nuts also just from the process used to remove the nuts shell.
+2 # Diane @ Balanced Bit 2010-12-08 14:04
I love Dr. Rouse :)

0 # ProfDrAndro 2010-12-08 01:33
Found this episode a little low on new information :zzz . Maybe this is because I already was familiar with the basic concept of the elimination diet... dunno/whatever