# 588 - Supplements That Effect Hormone Imbalances

Guest: Mike Mahler

Estrogen dominance, cortisol, testosterone and more are covered.

Comments

0 # cogrick2 2011-07-25 20:36
I think Mental Nomad is right about "Affect" appearing in the title.

Thank you, Mike, for doing this show. I am using Phytoserms-347 (bulbine) right now, which seems to be the secret supplement Carl mentioned that did not yet exist, along with E-control RX (6-oxo) and am experiencing a nice mood boost and strength increases.

I had never heard of myomin and Jonathan Wright, calcium d-glucorate (clears estrogen), or something that sounded like macopeter (what was that?) prior to this show. Good stuff!
0 # Mental Nomad 2010-10-17 12:58
Great topic, terrible title.

"Supplements That Effect Hormone Imbalances," means supps that RESULT in imbalances... they bring about the EFFECT of imbalances.

You probably meant to say "Supplements That Affect Hormone Imbalances", which would be supps that act on imbalances.

Easy mnemonic: you >AE
0 # Mike Mahler 2010-10-08 14:24
Quoting Mark G:
Great broadcast with some really good information for about 98% of the world. Fortunately, I'm a raw foodist so most of the supplements don't apply to me that you mentioned but I did appreciate the advice you gave and will pass on this broadcast to many of my omnivorous friends.

I am a strict vegan myself and all of the supplements I recommend are free of animal byproducts.
-2 # Mark G 2010-10-07 15:06
0 # Mike Mahler 2010-10-04 21:49
Quoting Joel:
I think nettle root is a disaster. I mean maybe some lignans like divanili are possibly useful if they just operate on SHBG.

But overall I could see myself softening up and feel libido crashing when taking this. Same thing with Saw Palmetto. But possibly in a very small dose they may have some utility in some cases.

Saw Palmetto deactivates both T and DHT so that the dropped libido is not surprising. However, this is the first time I have heard such feedback on Nettle Root. The feedback is generally the opposite. I am looking forward to Bulbine being on the market soon as it definitely works well.
-1 # Mike Mahler 2010-10-04 21:47
Quoting Michael Arch:
Another great show. I was surprised to hear that Mike was a friend of Dr. William Wong! Myomin is such a great supplement...it is now a staple for my PCTs.

Thanks for the feedback Mike and Myomin is great stuff.
0 # Michael Arch 2010-10-04 12:45