# 586 Functional Medicine And The Thyroid

Guest: Dr. Bryan Walsh

This discussion begins with the Thyroid and traverses all areas of metabolic function.

Comments

0 # MattC 2010-10-05 08:07
I think he said that most hyopothyroidism was NOT from Hashimotos disease. You may wan tot re-listen. I'll email him and get clarification and post it here.

No, he definitely said Hashimoto's was the number one cause of hypothyroid. It's on his website also.

I really liked Dr Walsh and would love for you to have him on again and go into more detail about treatment. My wife was diagnosed with Hashimoto's this year and she's taking dessicated thyroid, but this episode has really made me re-think her treatment options.
0 # Carl Lanore 2010-10-03 20:49
Quoting Heidi:
here's the deal if you have hypothyroidism and you have it from Hashimoto's disease, which this Dr. said during this interview said that most hypo people have then you should avoid GLUTEN and IODINE like the plaque. Taking Iodine and having Hashimotos is like throwing Gas on the fire.

0 # Carl Lanore 2010-10-03 20:47
Quoting Heidi:
I wish the interviewer would just let the Dr. talk - I don't care what the interview knows and has learned along the way I CARE about what the dr. has to say.

Yikes... so sorry. I'll try and keep my 2 cents out of it in the future. LOL
0 # Heidi 2010-10-02 18:34

-1 # Heidi 2010-10-02 18:30
+1 # Michael Arch 2010-09-30 13:30
About Fish Oil and the thyroid, there is some research that proves that actually it lowers its function.

I've been researching a lot about Fish Oil lately, specially after the latest study on breast cancer...

Here is a link on Fish Oil that I found very interesting:

It has scientific references at the end. Its funny that when you follow the money, you start to dig some nasty stuff about anything.
+2 # cogrick2 2010-09-30 06:49
Agreed. The link is to episode 585.
+3 # d4damage 2010-09-29 16:36
Sorry to be the one to point this out again, but this is linking to the previous episode :P

Cron Job Starts