# 554 - Counter-intuitive Rehabilitation

Guest: Charlie Weingroff

This show may polarize some of the more conventional Physical Therapist and inspire the more open minded ones. Either way everyone learns something when Charlie Weingroff speaks.

Comments

0 # Bob Baukland 2010-11-06 01:28
What great information! Would you comment on the crossface chicken wing next?
0 # Josh Funk 2010-09-08 19:15
Great interview!! As a 3rd year PT student who is really interested in a movement-based approach, but gets very little information about it in school, I have had to dive into material on my own. Charlie is definitely someone who has helped my learning curve greatly!
0 # Carson Boddicker 2010-08-18 11:37
Excellent interview, gentlemen.

Regards,
Carson Boddicker
0 # Craig Liebenson 2010-08-14 19:16
Charlie,
You are so easy to listen to. Great stuff - period, end of story.

Craig
0 # Carl Lanore 2010-08-07 20:08
Quoting SnippetPhysTher:
Just wanted to share... the whole idea of the biomechanical model for manual therapy is being questioned. A person's pain experience is sometimes more complicated than posture. In fact, few studies are supporting a causal relationship between posture and pain.

Want something more polarizing? This is a slow moving trend in the physical therapy world - the fall of the structural - postural - biomechanical model in manual therapy. You can download it here if you are interested:

Disclaimer: I am not associated or affiliated with that site/link. I'm just a regular physical therapist trying to better understand how to get people back to life.

Thanks for this Snippet. I downloaded it and will read it tonight.
0 # SnippetPhysTher 2010-08-06 11:54